Friday, June 15, 2012

Odds and ends

I've been thinking about how great it is to have five senses... okay, maybe just about three of them. Every  morning I go  for a walk with a friend or two. I absolutely love how the trees are smelling this time of year. There's one tree in particular that smells just like water and honey and spring. (It has little green blossom clusters and the "helicopter" pods. If anyone knows the name, please share.) Out by the pond  is an enormous honeysuckle vine. And fresh cut hay is everywhere. I have also been loving the sounds. The birds are going crazy about the time we start walking. I also love the sound of the gravel crunching when I walk. Okay, the sounds of the cement mixers and the construction crews are not so enchanting, but I can't hear them when we go to the pond.  The other sense that is not to be skipped is taste (always I think about food). We've been doing Bountiful Baskets at our house for a while, and I love fresh produce. Possibly I am also interested in chocolate. The boys brought home trout from their camping trip and I believe there will be some on the table for Father's Day. Possibly something chocolate-y for dessert as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment